Real Women Today Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Real Women Today Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01.01.12.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
* Contact information including email address
* Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
* Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* We may use the information to improve our products and services.
* We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
* Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
* If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
* We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Real Women Today Ltd, Tivoli House, 9 Leaf Avenue, Hampton Hargate, Peterborough PE7 8EF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Kids and Parents
The site covered by this policy is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and chats. If your children disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so. There are also commercially available tools to help you limits your children’s exposure to material online.
If you’re worried about your children’s activities or their privacy on our site, we encourage you to e-mail Real Women Today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blogs, Video and other user-generated Postings; Social Networking
If you elect to post material to any blogs, forums, participate in our social networking channels or other community boards that may be offered on our sites, or if you elect to upload any photographs, audio or video, you will be solely responsible for all content, messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, audio clips, sounds, video or other materials (the “Postings”). You agree and warrant that any Postings you post to the sites will be true and accurate, will not defame any person or invade any person’s privacy, and will not infringe the proprietary rights of any person. You agree not to furnish any Postings to which you do not own the rights. By furnishing Postings, you give Real Women Today Ltd the right to use such Postings in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter invented, including, without limitation, the right to combine your Postings with Postings of third parties in varied combinations. You also acknowledge that visitors to the sites may post comments about your Postings which may be derogatory, and that Real Women Today Ltd has no obligation to monitor or delete any such postings.
Please be aware that Real Women Today Ltd does not and cannot monitor all of the Postings made to the sites, and therefore Real Women Today Ltd will not be responsible for the content of any Postings. Real Women Today Ltd has no obligation to verify the accuracy of any personally identifying information that is posted to our sites. However, Real Women Today Ltd does reserve the right to delete or edit any material in any Posting that is obscene, harassing, offensive or otherwise objectionable and not in keeping with the community standards of the website and to terminate access to the sites to offenders of the guidelines. If Real Women Today Ltd elects to edit any Postings, it nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content of the Postings. Under no circumstances will Real Women Today Ltd be liable for any inaccuracy or defect in any Postings. We also expect our users to adhere to certain rules of the road. Therefore, you agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Postings:
* that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libellous, or invasive of another’s privacy, or harmful to minors in any way;
* that harass, degrade, intimidate or are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
* that include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
* that are false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, constitute “bait and switch” or impersonation of any person or entity;
* contain your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or promotional content;
* that infringe any proprietary rights, including copyright, of any party, or Postings that you do not have a right to make available;
* restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Real Women Today Ltd sites or the Real Women Today Ltd services offered on them;
* that include your personal information, such as telephone number, street address, last name, URL or email address;
* that “cut and paste” private messages from other users;
* that re-broadcast any posting that violates these terms.
Because Real Women Today Ltd does not monitor the Postings, you agree to use and rely on them at your own risk. Real Women Today Ltd cannot make any representation or warranty about the material contained in the Postings. Real Women Today Ltd likewise assumes no responsibility for any contact you may have with other users of our site, either online or offline. If you elect to meet in person with someone you may meet on our site, you do so at your own risk, and under no circumstances will Real Women Today Ltd be liable for any activity or injury that may occur.